- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 cups combination sliced zucchini and yellow squash
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (4.75 oz) can prepared eggplant caponata
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add the zucchini and yellow squash and onion and saute for 5-7 minutes until tender, stirring often.
- Remove the zucchini-yellow squash saute to a salad bowl. Add remaining ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 (1 cup) servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 299 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.