- 2 cups Unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup apple juice and cornstarch; mix well. Add remaining juice. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add 1/2 cup of hot mixture to beaten egg. Stir until smooth. Return immediately to hot mixture, stirring constantly. (The hot mixture will cook the egg.)
- Stir in sweetener and cinnamon. Pour into 4 dessert dishes, cover with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming. Cool to room temperature or chill in refrigerator.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4 (1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
1 starch; 1 fruit