- 1 pound deli turkey, sliced 1 inch thick and cubed
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, celery, green onions, and carrots. Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, and pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the turkey and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 3-4 ounces turkey, about 1 cup vegetables
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 1431 milligrams
Cholesterol: 52 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 3 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Polyunsaturated Fat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.