- 8 ounces pork, fat trimmed, cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, unpeeled, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; add pork and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned. Add carrot and potatoes; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add onion, celery, and cabbage; cook 5 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl, whisking until cornstarch is dissolved. Add soy sauce, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix well.
- Pour sauce over stir-fry and toss to coat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5.3 grams
Sodium: 781 milligrams
Cholesterol: 26.5 milligrams
Protein: 16.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 34 grams
2 Bread/Starch, 2 Meat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.