- 2 pounds ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Heat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl except salsa, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350F oven 1 hour,15 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Top with salsa; cut into slices.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.8 grams
Sodium: 313 milligrams
Cholesterol: 120 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.