- 2 pounds ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Heat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl except salsa, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350F oven 1 hour,15 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Top with salsa; cut into slices.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.8 grams
Sodium: 313 milligrams
Cholesterol: 120 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.