- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or Splenda for Baking)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar (or Splenda), baking powder, lemon zest and almonds. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour into well and mix until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two rolls about 10 inches long. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then cut into slices 1/2 inch thick. Return to sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10 minutes more. Immediately transfer to wire racks.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes about 3 dozen Serving size: 1 Biscotti
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 24 miligrams
Cholesterol: 12 miligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.