- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white wine
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups salad greens (torn)
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, white meat (cut into julienne strips)
- 1 can mandarin orange segments (11 ounce, drained)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced)
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. If you don't have a container with a tight-fitting lid, place ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix together with a whisk.
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss gently.
- Serve with vinaigrette. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
You can substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chopped onion for the chopped fresh onion or as recommended on the dried onion container.
Prepare the dressing at least 10 minutes before you need it to allow the dried onion to re-hydrate from the fluids in the dressing.
Another way to add crunch to your salad would be to use 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts instead of the celery.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 280 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Sugars: 10 grams
Source: University of Nebraska
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.