- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Heat oven to 400F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into thirty-six 1-1/4-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400F oven 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat preserves, barbecue sauce and mustard in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cooked meatballs and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve or keep warm in slow cooker (see tip below).
- To keep meatballs warm, place in 2-1/2-quart slow cooker set on LOW. Keep covered to maintain heat. Meatballs can be held up to 2-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 36 mini meatballs, 1 per serving
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 0.1 grams
Sodium: 126 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams