- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Return the reserved beans to the pot and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 145 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook