- 10 -12 pound turkey
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 medium onion ,quartered
- The peel of one lemon, cut into strips
- 1 cup dried mushrooms, reconstituted (reserve 1 cup liquid)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Remove turkey giblets and neck from body cavities. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
- Starting at neck, using your fingers, gently loosen skin over entire breast. Place thyme and rosemary sprigs at even intervals under skin; pat skin back in place. Place onion and lemon peel in body cavity. Place turkey breast-side up on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast turkey 3 1/2-4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in fleshy part of inner thigh (not touching bone) reaches 180 F. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Remove skin before eating.
- Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, pour pan drippings into a 2-cup measure; let stand 5 minutes. Skim off and discard fat; pour remaining liquid into small saucepan. Add mushrooms and 1 cup mushroom liquid, broth, wine, potato starch, chives, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes. Serve with turkey.
One serving = 3 ounces turkey and 1/4 cup gravy
Recipe Yield: Servings: 12
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 114 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
3 Lean-Meat, 1/4 Vegetable
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.