- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch dried leaf marjoram
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons non-fat dry milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper, or pimento
- In a medium-size saucepan, place all ingredients except yogurt, lemon juice and bell pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, skim off any froth that accumulates, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool.
- In a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process in batches until pureed. Add yogurt and lemon juice; chill well. Garnish with bell peppers.
Recipe Yield: 6 (1-cup) Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 75 milligrams
Cholesterol: 3 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
1/2 Milk, 1 Vegetable
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.