- 2 pounds Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) regular or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) regular or light beer
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained
- Lime wedges and baked tortillas chips (optional)
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced green onions, sliced serranos or jalapenos, chopped onion
- Heat stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, beer, onions, bell peppers, tomato paste, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, cumin and oregano to stockpot, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in black beans and continue to simmer 15 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Garnish with Toppings, as desired. Serve with lime wedges and baked tortilla chips, if desired.
Note: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 7.5 grams
Sodium: 955 milligrams
Cholesterol: 76 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.