- 1 quart 2% milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sliced fresh fruit (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
* May substitute 27 packets Equal sweetener
- Heat milk just to boiling in medium saucepan. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, Equal, vanilla and salt in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in hot milk.
- Pour mixture into ten 6-ounce custard cups or 1-1/2 quart glass casserole. Place custard cups or casserole in roasting pan. Pour 1 inch of hot water into roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 325F oven 50 to 60 minutes or until sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge of custard comes out clean.
- Remove custard cups or casserole from roasting pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve garnished with sliced fresh fruit and mint, if desired.
Traditional baked custard with half the calories. Made with Equal and reduced-fat milk, all the great flavor is still there. Garnished with fresh fruit and mint it looks good, too.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 124 milligrams
Cholesterol: 135 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 milk, 1/2 lean meat
Source: Equal ®
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.