- 1 quart 2% milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sliced fresh fruit (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
* May substitute 27 packets Equal sweetener
- Heat milk just to boiling in medium saucepan. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, Equal, vanilla and salt in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in hot milk.
- Pour mixture into ten 6-ounce custard cups or 1-1/2 quart glass casserole. Place custard cups or casserole in roasting pan. Pour 1 inch of hot water into roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 325F oven 50 to 60 minutes or until sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge of custard comes out clean.
- Remove custard cups or casserole from roasting pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve garnished with sliced fresh fruit and mint, if desired.
Traditional baked custard with half the calories. Made with Equal and reduced-fat milk, all the great flavor is still there. Garnished with fresh fruit and mint it looks good, too.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 124 milligrams
Cholesterol: 135 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 milk, 1/2 lean meat
Source: Equal ®
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.