- Pam Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch thick lengthwise slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) ground turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Hunt’s Original Diced Tomatoes, No Salt Added, drained
- 1/4 cup Hunt’s Tomato Paste (or Hunt’s Organic)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush eggplant slices with oil; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In batches, place eggplant on grill pan. Cook each side 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Remove and place on baking sheet lined with paper towels; pat to remove excess moisture.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes more or until onion is tender and turkey is crumbled and no longer pink. Drain.
- Add drained tomatoes, tomato paste and basil to skillet; stir to combine. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes more.
- Assemble lasagna by spreading 3/4 cup meat mixture over bottom of dish. Place 3 eggplant slices over meat mixture, top with 3/4 cup meat mixture, half of ricotta cheese mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with a layer of eggplant slices topped with meat mixture and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Spray underside of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
An extra set of hands from a little helper can shave minutes off the assembly of this Eggplant Lasagna, while getting a youngster excited about digging into a veggie-centric dinner.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 19 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 363 milligrams
Cholesterol: 72 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams