In this flavorful dish, Top loin roast, which is considered a lean cut, gets a rub-down using a simple mixture of garlic and thyme. Serve with roasted cauliflower for a potato-free version of a meat and potatoes meal. This is a nice choice for a holiday dinner with family and friends.
Recipe Yield: 16 servings.
- 1 beef Top Loin Roast, Boneless (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 heads (about 2-1/2 pounds each) cauliflower, separated into florets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cups dry Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Press 2 teaspoons of garlic evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Press thyme evenly over roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast on center rack in 325F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, toss remaining 2 teaspoons garlic, 4 tablespoons oil and cauliflower on rimmed baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake on lower rack 45 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Remove foil; sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over cauliflower.
- Continue to bake, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and cauliflower begins to brown.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135F for medium rare; 145F for medium.
- Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10-15F to reach 145F for medium rare; 160F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with cauliflower.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Unsaturated Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3.8 grams
Sodium: 254 milligrams
Cholesterol: 56 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Source: Beef Checkoff
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.