- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, XX strength, if desired
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish or mold with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until light and lemon-colored.
- Add granulated sugar, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the scalded milk and add the vanilla.
- Pour mixture over brown sugar.
- Place the baking dish or mold in a pan of hot water, 1-inch deep.
- Bake at 350 F degrees about 50 minutes, or until firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 102 milligrams
Cholesterol: 68 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
1 Starch/Bread; 1/2 Protein; 1/2 Fat/ 1/4 Milk
Source: Cinnamon Hearts