- Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith or other baking apples (about 8 medium)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll 1/2 the pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate.
- Combine cornstarch, Equal, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Sprinkle over apples in large bowl and toss to coat. Arrange apples in pie crust.
- Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. Place over apples. Seal edges, trim and flute. Cut a few slits in top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake in preheated 400F oven 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 224 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
1 fruit, 1-1/2 starch, 2 fat
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.