- Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith or other baking apples (about 8 medium)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll 1/2 the pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate.
- Combine cornstarch, Equal, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Sprinkle over apples in large bowl and toss to coat. Arrange apples in pie crust.
- Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. Place over apples. Seal edges, trim and flute. Cut a few slits in top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake in preheated 400F oven 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 224 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
1 fruit, 1-1/2 starch, 2 fat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.