- 1 whole roasted deli chicken, skinned
- 3 tablespoons no-added-sugar apricot preserves, divided
- 3 tablespoons no-added-sugar orange marmalade, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, blend 1 tablespoon each apricot preserves, marmalade, and vinegar.
- Place chicken in baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add water to pan to a depth of 1/4-1/2 inch. Brush chicken with preserve mixture. Combine the remaining preserves, marmalade, vinegar, onion, and garlic and spoon around the chicken.
- Roast, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover and roast for 10 more minutes, until onion is tender.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 110 milligrams
Cholesterol: 100 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Carbohydrate, 4 Lean Meat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking