- 2 pounds asparagus
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Snap tough ends off asparagus. Peel stalks, if desired.
- In large skillet, bring about 1-inch of water to boiling. Add asparagus and simmer, uncovered, until barely tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain and dunk in ice water until cold; drain, cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, combine well all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Transfer to serving bowl, serve with asparagus spears or cover and chill until serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 22 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 231 milligrams
Cholesterol: 22 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.