- 1 box uncooked Dreamfields Penne Rigate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh collard or mustard greens, washed, trimmed and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (or other white beans)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth; bring to boil.
- Add greens; return to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, uncovered, until greens are just crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add greens with liquid to pasta; toss to coat. Add beans; toss gently. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serving Note: Any dark, leafy greens such as kale, spinach or chard can be substituted for the collard greens. 1-1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans can be substituted for the canned beans.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 main dish servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 11 grams
Sodium: 128 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 63 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.