- 1/2 pound mussels (optional)
- 1/2 pound medium-size shrimp
- 1/2 pound halibut or cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 cups canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 cups clam juice or fish stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- Scrub mussels well to rid them of beards and sand. Discard any open ones. Peel and devein shrimp. Cut halibut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large non-stick saucepan, heat oil. Add shallots and cook until soft. Add garlic and tomatoes, cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Add clam juice, wine, basil, thyme, pepper flakes, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add halibut and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp and scallops and cook 5 minutes more. Add mussels, cover pan and simmer about 5 minutes until mussels open, discarding any that do not open.
- Discard bay leaf.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 584 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Low-fat Meat, 2 Vegetable
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.