- 12-ounce package broccoli slaw mix (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium apple, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup dark raisins
- 1/3 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat or light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute or sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine the broccoli, apple, raisins, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir to mix well. Add the dressing to the broccoli mixture and toss to mix well. Add a little more mayonnaise if the salad seems too dry.
- Cover the salad and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.7 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.3 grams
Fiber: 2.7 grams
Sodium: 186 milligrams
Protein: 2.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan