- 2 cups cabbage, finely grated
- 1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1 scallion, chopped (see Tip on p. 42)
- 2 tablespoons soy or whole-wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the cabbage in a 4-cup bowl. With a wooden spoon, mix in the eggs and scallion. Add flour and season to taste.
- Using wet hands, form latkes and fry on both sides over medium-high heat. For frying, see Tip in previous recipe.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10-12 servingsServing size: 1 latke
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 28 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Protein: 1.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 vegetable; 1/2 Fat
Source: Enlitened Kosher Cooking
Book Title: Enlitened Kosher Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.