- 6 single chicken breasts (24 oz. raw weight) skinned, boned and washed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 chicken broth, unsalted
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- Prepare chicken breasts and set aside.
- Place butter in large skillet, heating to medium high.
- Place chicken breasts in 9" x 13" glass baking dish which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour oil into hot skillet. Stir in cornstarch and small amount of chicken broth. Stir until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and, slowly, add 1 cup of broth.
- Return to heat, stir constantly, and add remaining broth, milk, lemon juice, wine, and garlic.
- When sauce has thickened slightly, pour over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve over brown rice.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6; 1 serving = 1 piece with sauce
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Low-Fat Meat
Source: Gourmet Inspirations Healthy Cooking
Book Title: Gourmet Inspirations Healthy Cooking