- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in enough water to cover 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile combine hoisin sauce, sherry, brown sugar and sesame oil; set aside.
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Alternately thread beef, weaving back and forth, and green onion pieces onto skewers.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of kabobs is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush with half of hoisin mixture. Broil 9 to 12 minutes, turning once, and brushing with remaining hoisin mixture.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 appetizers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 47 milligrams
Cholesterol: 19 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.