- 1/4 cup flour
- Dash white pepper
- Dash oregano
- Dash basil
- 1-1/4 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala wine or dry sherry
- Mix the flour, white pepper, oregano, and basil together on a plate.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts and coat each with the flour mixture. Reserve any leftover flour.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and saute gently until brown and tender on both sides, about 15 minutes. Remove the breasts to a dish.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup of the wine; cook for about 5 minutes over low heat. Scrape the bottom of pan to loosen any flour. Stir in any reserved flour and the remaining wine.
- Simmer until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Slip the cooked breasts into the sauce. Cook gently for about 5 minutes or more.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9.1 grams
Sodium: 106 milligrams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
3/4 Bread/Starch, 3 Low-Fat Meat
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.