- 1 lb tilapia, cod, haddock or other medium-firm fish fillets, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- Move oven rack to position slightly above middle of oven. Heat oven to 500F.
- Cut fish fillets crosswise into 2-inch-wide pieces. In shallow dish, mix cracker crumbs, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Place milk in another shallow dish.
- Dip fish into milk, then coat with cracker mixture. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Drizzle oil over fish; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Toasting nuts adds a lot of great flavor. To toast nuts, bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350F oven 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
This graham cracker coated cod can be on your dinner table in just 25 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 300 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Source: Betty Crocker
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Betty Crocker.