- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 pounds Laura's Lean Eye of Round Roast cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 large celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 medium carrots
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2 pounds) cut into eighths
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fat-free beef stock (double strength)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet. On medium-high heat, sear meat cubes in skillet until browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, combine canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, basil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over meat and vegetables in roasting pan.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake for 2 hours or until meat is very tender to the fork. Baste occasionally.
Prep Time: 25 minutes; Cook Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes. This recipe could be cooked in a crock-pot on low heat for 8 hours. Put it on before leaving for work and you’ll have it ready to eat when you get home.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.6 grams
Fiber: 8.8 grams
Sodium: 547 milligrams
Cholesterol: 51 milligrams
Protein: 31.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
1 starch; 2 vegetable; 4 very lean meat
Source: Lauras Lean Beef