- 1 beef round (sirloin) tip center roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Heat oven to 325F. Combine parsley, thyme, oil, garlic and black pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140F for medium rare. (Do not overcook.) Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5F to reach 145F for medium rare.) Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 17 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 0.9 grams
Sodium: 144 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.