- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp orange peel, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed or 4 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in cranberries, walnuts and orange peel. Set aside.
- Beat egg substitute, milk and oil in a small bowl with fork. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into 2 wax paper-lined loaf pans (9x5x3-inches) or 4 small, wax paper-lined loaf pans. Bake 60 to 65 minutes for large loaves and 45-50 minutes for small loaves, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove bread from pans and cool completely.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 2 large or 4 small loaves; 40 slices
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.8 grams
Sodium: 66 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1 Bread/Starch; 1-1/2 Fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.