- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger (15 mL)
- Juice of one medium sized lime
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (20 mL)
- 1 (12 oz / 350 85 g) block of firm or extra firm tofu, diced into cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin (5 mL)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (1 mL)
- 1 cup sodium-reduced vegetable or chicken broth (250 mL)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (250 mL)
- 2 cups green beans, cut in 2 inch (5 cm) pieces (500 mL)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (30 mL)
- In a bowl, marinate tofu with the ginger, lime juice and 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) canola oil. Toss well to coat. This can be done about 30 minutes ahead of time and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a large saucepan, no lid required heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Add onion and cook for about 6 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Add garlic, cumin, coriander and cloves and stir for 2 minutes.
- To saucepan, add stock and coconut milk. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add green beans, bell pepper and zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Add marinated tofu and cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Serve over steamed brown rice or quinoa, if desired.
With a light coconut lime flavor, this recipe features green beans, bell peppers and zucchini. If you have other fresh veggies on hand, then you can add them as well.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings.Serving Size: 1 cup (250 mL)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 290 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Source: Patricia Chuey, RD
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.