- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger (15 mL)
- Juice of one medium sized lime
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (20 mL)
- 1 (12 oz / 350 85 g) block of firm or extra firm tofu, diced into cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin (5 mL)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (1 mL)
- 1 cup sodium-reduced vegetable or chicken broth (250 mL)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (250 mL)
- 2 cups green beans, cut in 2 inch (5 cm) pieces (500 mL)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (30 mL)
- In a bowl, marinate tofu with the ginger, lime juice and 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) canola oil. Toss well to coat. This can be done about 30 minutes ahead of time and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a large saucepan, no lid required heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Add onion and cook for about 6 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Add garlic, cumin, coriander and cloves and stir for 2 minutes.
- To saucepan, add stock and coconut milk. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add green beans, bell pepper and zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Add marinated tofu and cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Serve over steamed brown rice or quinoa, if desired.
With a light coconut lime flavor, this recipe features green beans, bell peppers and zucchini. If you have other fresh veggies on hand, then you can add them as well.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings.Serving Size: 1 cup (250 mL)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 290 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Source: Patricia Chuey, RD
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.