- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch tsp. ground cardamom
- Pinch tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/3 cups canned fat-free refried kidney or pinto beans
- 8 flour tortillas (7-8 inch)
- 1 1/3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) cilantro leaves, roughly cut up
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Combine ground spices in a bowl. Add chicken and press spices in so they adhere. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Sauté onions and pepper until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to the chicken, mix in and set aside. Add beans to the pan and cook, stirring until they are warmed.
- Warm tortillas in a large, dry skillet over medium high heat. Spread one-fourth of the beans in center of each. Top with rice, then chicken mixture. Add a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro leaves. Fold sides of tortillas over the filling, then fold in ends. Turn the burrito over. Serve with salsa sauce on the side.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 562 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 48 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Bread/Starch, 2 Lean-Meat, 1 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.