- 4 (3-ounce) fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes, undrained
- Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish fillets in baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together lemon juice, onion, and 2 tablespoons melted margarine. Pour mixture over fish. Bake uncovered or until fish flakes easily with fork, about 15 minutes.
- While fish is baking, prepare creole sauce; saute green pepper in remaining margarine. Add tomatoes and pepper. Stir in flour. Simmer until mixture is heated.
Serving size is 3 ounce fillet plus sauce.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 338 milligrams
Cholesterol: 37 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
3 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable
Source: Magic Menus for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Magic Menus for People with Diabetes