- 4 (3-ounce) fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes, undrained
- Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish fillets in baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together lemon juice, onion, and 2 tablespoons melted margarine. Pour mixture over fish. Bake uncovered or until fish flakes easily with fork, about 15 minutes.
- While fish is baking, prepare creole sauce; saute green pepper in remaining margarine. Add tomatoes and pepper. Stir in flour. Simmer until mixture is heated.
Serving size is 3 ounce fillet plus sauce.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 338 milligrams
Cholesterol: 37 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
3 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable
Source: Magic Menus for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Magic Menus for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.