- 1/4 cup prepared mango chutney, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Cornish game hens, split and skinned (about 1-1/4 pounds each)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare the rack of a shallow roasting pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Combine the chutney and mustard; brush about 1/2 of the mixture over all surfaces of the hens. Place the hen halves meaty side up on the prepared rack in the roasting pan.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until the hen halves are tender, brushing often with the remaining chutney mixture and pan drippings during the cooking time.
Serving size is 1/2 hen.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 128 milligrams
Cholesterol: 79 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Sugars: 11 grams
1/2 Fruit, 3 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes