- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated *
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold stick butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup apricot or peach spreadable fruit
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine flour, oats, Equal®, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is very fine in texture and begins to stick together slightly. Stir in water and vanilla until well blended.
- Reserve 3/4 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly and evenly onto bottom of lightly sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 375° F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is lightly browned at edge.
- Remove from oven and spread with fruit. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture, pressing gently into fruit. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until flour mixture is lightly browned on top. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Easy-to-make bar cookies will soon become a favorite. Oats add crunch and apricot spreadable fruit gives this cookie a rich fruit flavor.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 16
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 27 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Source: Equal ®
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.