- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup celery,chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 apple, chopped
- Chopped pecans, for garnish
- Cook the rice in the water until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Cut the turkey into bite-size pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle on the pecans just before serving.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 18 grams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Meat; 1 Bread; 1-1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat