- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1 bunch watercress, long stems trimmed, coarsely chopped and cut in half
- 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli in a steamer or in a microwave oven (covered with a wet paper towel), until tender but still crisp.
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, tomatoes and watercress. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to blend. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 12 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.