- 4-5 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces baby sweet peppers, OR coarsely chopped and seeded sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dried fruit mix, with apricots, plums and raisins
- 1 (15-oz) can coconut milk, lite
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Trim visible fat from roast.
- Drizzle roast with soy sauce and rub all sides with curry.
- Brown roast in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients around the roast, cover with lid and place in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until roast and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Return pan with sauce to stove top and bring to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Coarsely shred meat and serve with sweet potatoes and peppers and sauce.
- Serve over cooked couscous, if desired.
Pork shoulder is cooked low and slow in this Moroccan-inspired dish. Serve over brown rice and with a large spinach salad, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8-10
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 309 milligrams
Cholesterol: 105 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.