- 6 medium carrots (about 3/4 pound), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth, or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot, or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine the carrots and broth in a medium saucepan. Cover and simmer over low heat until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, margarine, and ginger; simmer, uncovered, until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Serve hot.
4g sugars and 2g dietary fiber.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 2 cups (4 servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 72 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.