- 6 medium carrots (about 3/4 pound), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth, or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot, or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine the carrots and broth in a medium saucepan. Cover and simmer over low heat until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, margarine, and ginger; simmer, uncovered, until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Serve hot.
4g sugars and 2g dietary fiber.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 2 cups (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 72 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes