- 4 MacIntosh or Rome apples
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Few drops pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Core apples and peel away about 1/2 inch of skin from top of each. Prick each a few times with a fork.
- Fill each core with raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and a drop of vanilla.
- Place apples in a baking dish and add water mixed with orange juice.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until apples are soft, basting occasionally with liquid. Serve warm or chilled with syrup.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine