- 4 MacIntosh or Rome apples
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Few drops pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Core apples and peel away about 1/2 inch of skin from top of each. Prick each a few times with a fork.
- Fill each core with raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and a drop of vanilla.
- Place apples in a baking dish and add water mixed with orange juice.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until apples are soft, basting occasionally with liquid. Serve warm or chilled with syrup.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.