- 3 pounds Swiss Chard (both red and green, or all of one color), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic
- 6 chopped anchovies
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Trim stem ends of chard. Thinly slice stems crosswise up to base of leaves; set slices aside. Reserve a few whole leaves to line serving dish; coarsely chip remaining leaves.
- In a 6-to 8 quart pan over medium high heat, stir oil, garlic, and anchovies until garlic is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add chard stems; stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped leaves (parts at a time if pan is full), cover, and cook until wiled, about 4 minutes. Mix in vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish a serving dish with reserved chard leaves; spoon greens alongside.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.1 grams
Sodium: 444 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1.7 milligrams
Protein: 3.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat