- 8 medium-sized leeks, washed, trimmed well
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- Split the trimmed leeks lengthwise, leaving the white root ends whole.
- Make certain all sand is rinsed away.
- Bundle leeks and tie with string.
- Drop into saucepan of boiling water and simmer, covered, about 12 minutes, until just tender.
- Toss with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and parsley, and serve at once.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 10 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 2-4 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 46 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams