- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into halves
- 5 slices reduced-sodium bacon, diced
- 3 green onions and tops, sliced
- 5 pearl onions, peeled, halved
- 8 ounces whole small mushrooms
- 8 small new potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Place chicken and bacon in 2-1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with green onions. Add pearl onions, mushrooms, and potatoes.
- Sprinkle with combined garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour water and wine over.
- Bake, covered, at 325 degrees until chicken and potatoes aretender, about 1-1/2 hours.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 357 miligrams
Cholesterol: 73 miligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat, 1 Vegetable
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.