- 1/2 cup raw quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve for 20 seconds.
- In a 1-quart saucepan bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Combine the chopped yellow pepper, red pepper, carrot, celery, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, green onions, salt, and pepper. Blend for 15 seconds.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to the vegetables. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetables and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over lettuce if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (1/2 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 12 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
1 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.