- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese, divided
- 4 small tortillas, warmed or hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Thinly sliced lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado slices, salsa, sour cream, guacamole (optional)
- Combine Ground Beef, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and 1/4 cup cheese in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- To grill (if preferred, a skillet version follows), place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally.
- Place burgers in tortillas or buns; season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Top with desired toppings.
Alternative skillet version: Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes turning occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. About 3 minutes before burgers are done, top evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 339 miligrams
Cholesterol: 79 miligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.