- 2 pounds whole, boned turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt Mixture
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces lean ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (1 teaspoon) chicken bouillon granules
- Lay 3 clean cotton strings, each about 24 inches long, across a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Set turkey breast skin side down, over strings.
- Sprinkle turkey with parsley, thyme, Morton Lite Salt Mixture, pepper, cheese and ham. Shape turkey breast into a roll and tie with strings. Turn roast over, so that skin side is up. Insert thermometer into center.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer reads 170 degrees).
- Place on a serving platter and keep warm for 10 minutes. Mix wine with cornstarch, water and chicken bouillon granules. Add to pan drippings. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour sauce into serving bowl for spooning over slices of meat.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 10
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.96 grams
Sodium: 319 milligrams
Cholesterol: 59 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
3-1/2 Lean Meat. Add 2 Fat exchanges to Meal Plan.
Source: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Book Title: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.