- 2 pounds whole, boned turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt Mixture
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces lean ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (1 teaspoon) chicken bouillon granules
- Lay 3 clean cotton strings, each about 24 inches long, across a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Set turkey breast skin side down, over strings.
- Sprinkle turkey with parsley, thyme, Morton Lite Salt Mixture, pepper, cheese and ham. Shape turkey breast into a roll and tie with strings. Turn roast over, so that skin side is up. Insert thermometer into center.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer reads 170 degrees).
- Place on a serving platter and keep warm for 10 minutes. Mix wine with cornstarch, water and chicken bouillon granules. Add to pan drippings. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour sauce into serving bowl for spooning over slices of meat.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 10
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.96 grams
Sodium: 319 milligrams
Cholesterol: 59 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3-1/2 Lean Meat. Add 2 Fat exchanges to Meal Plan.
Source: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Book Title: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook