- 2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, all visible fat removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 medium lemons)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced, or 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put steak in an airtight plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Pour over steak and turn to coat evenly. Seal and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Drain steak, then grill for 8 to 12 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
3 Low-fat Meat
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook