- 2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, all visible fat removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 medium lemons)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced, or 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put steak in an airtight plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Pour over steak and turn to coat evenly. Seal and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Drain steak, then grill for 8 to 12 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
3 Low-fat Meat
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.