- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger, or 1/4 tsp. ground
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. boneless skinned chicken breast, cut in 24 pieces
- 8 1-inch cubes fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 20 wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in 20 pieces
- Canola oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix in chicken to coat on all sides. Cover bowl and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Soak skewers in water at least 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, scraping off and discarding most of marinade. Onto each skewer thread a piece of pineapple, then chicken, onion wedge and green pepper. Repeat, minus pineapple, until each kebab contains 6 pieces of chicken, 5 onion wedges, 5 pieces of pepper and 2 pineapple cubes, one cube at each end.
- To help prevent charring, spray kebabs with cooking oil spray. Cook skewers 4 to 5 minutes, making sure they are far enough from the heat source to avoid charring. Turn and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
- Serve kebabs. Kebabs go especially well with freshly-cooked brown rice or tucked inside pita bread lined with lettuce leaves.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 81 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 3 Low-Fat Meat
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.