- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger, or 1/4 tsp. ground
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. boneless skinned chicken breast, cut in 24 pieces
- 8 1-inch cubes fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 20 wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in 20 pieces
- Canola oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix in chicken to coat on all sides. Cover bowl and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Soak skewers in water at least 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, scraping off and discarding most of marinade. Onto each skewer thread a piece of pineapple, then chicken, onion wedge and green pepper. Repeat, minus pineapple, until each kebab contains 6 pieces of chicken, 5 onion wedges, 5 pieces of pepper and 2 pineapple cubes, one cube at each end.
- To help prevent charring, spray kebabs with cooking oil spray. Cook skewers 4 to 5 minutes, making sure they are far enough from the heat source to avoid charring. Turn and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
- Serve kebabs. Kebabs go especially well with freshly-cooked brown rice or tucked inside pita bread lined with lettuce leaves.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 81 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 3 Low-Fat Meat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.