- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp whipped butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Add the butter and mix it into the flour with your fingers. Add buttermilk and knead into a soft dough. Knead in the raisins.
- On a floured board, roll out the dough until 1/2" thick.
- Cut dough into 16 rounds. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Serve warm or let cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 16
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 115 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine