- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp whipped butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Add the butter and mix it into the flour with your fingers. Add buttermilk and knead into a soft dough. Knead in the raisins.
- On a floured board, roll out the dough until 1/2" thick.
- Cut dough into 16 rounds. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Serve warm or let cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 16
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 115 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.