- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about
- 4 ounces each), all visible fat removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 to 2 medium limes)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced, or
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press or smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly flatten chicken. Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 long strips.
- In a small nonmetallic bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Put marinade and chiken in an airtight plastic bag and turn bag to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak 32 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Thread 1 strip of chicken on each skewer. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 16; 2 Skewers per serving
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 51 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
1 Low-Fat Meat
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook