- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about
- 4 ounces each), all visible fat removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 to 2 medium limes)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced, or
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press or smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly flatten chicken. Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 long strips.
- In a small nonmetallic bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Put marinade and chiken in an airtight plastic bag and turn bag to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak 32 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Thread 1 strip of chicken on each skewer. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 16; 2 Skewers per serving
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 51 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
1 Low-Fat Meat
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.